use our experience to assist your
film, tv or media project.
• The commercial exploitation of rights is the process of generating
revenues from the rights you hold and/or have created.
• Often a specialist such as a sales agent is required to assist to
develop potential revenue streams.
• Selecting the right sales agent and clarifying how your relationship
with them works is vital.
• A sales agent will require authority to exploit certain rights (usually
in the form of a licence) which will define the rights the sales agent
has, the territory it can operate within, the fees and commissions
it can charge together with other terms and conditions.
• Control: If you transfer rights to a third party how much control
will you keep over the creative work?
• Which Rights to Transfer should be agreed and clearly set out in the
• A third party may have a particular specialisation and should only be
given rights appertaining to that specialisation.
These issues can be complicated and with technology evolving so
rapidly are not static, so it is sensible to obtain advice early and